Legal Services for Small to Medium Business
The One-Stop-Shop Solution to all Your Legal Problems
Base Legal is a small but dynamic law firm offering highly proactive and personalised business legal advice to a broad range of clients. As a bold, passionate, and well-informed lawyer, I am able to offer a unique one-stop approach for all your legal needs.
My clients can get legal help tailored to the requirements of both small and large businesses. Apart from that, I make sure that most (if not all) of my services are offered under a fixed fee so that my clients know exactly what they are paying for when they hire me.
When it comes to high-quality legal advice, Base Legal offers practical legal services for small to medium businesses in Torquay. I use my experience of working with SMEs to offer innovative ideas and legal strategies to a range of problems that are faced by small and medium-sized businesses.
Are You in Need of Legal Advice?
At Base Legal, I work together with my Clients to come up with positive, creative and cost-effective business solutions for my clients.
Get your commercial transaction documented in the form of a legally binding agreement from an experienced lawyer.
I always look forward to new challenges. So, book a call with me as your small business advisory service and get the kind of legal representation you deserve.
If you are looking forward to taking your business to the next level, it's time you spoke to Fiona McCord at BaseLegal.com.au
This is how I can assist you with these specific services, unique to Small Business:
Terms and Conditions:
This is a legal term you may have heard before. It is the agreement between your business and your customer. It is important for online businesses and mobile device applications (apps) creators because there is no other method of communicating with your client.
Here are the top four functions of a terms & conditions document:
- They assist in reducing the potential of disputes or claims by reducing ambiguity and setting clear boundaries and expectations that your client agrees to prior to entering into a business relationship with you as a provider of a product or service
- They give enforceable rights so that you can recover payments as it is seen as proof of the engagement
- For apps creators they are needed for iTunes and Google Play stores
- They are written individually to cater to how your business operates – so we can’t take a ‘one size fits all’ approach
It’s important to note that there are requirements that need to be complied with under Australian Consumer law when creating terms and conditions. Non-compliances can result in penalties, which you can avoid by engaging me to create your terms and conditions for you.
Contracts & Agreements:
The two main purposes of setting up a contract or agreement at the start of a relationship with a person or business includes:
- Clarification of the expectations of both parties.
- Provides a road-map of how to deal with disputes, if they arise.
While agreements are individual, there are key clauses which are essential. My previous work history as a litigator honed my skills in this specific area of law and my personal approach to drafting an agreement is to approach the task from the perspective of understanding what might go wrong and reducing the need for future litigation. Contracts and agreements are an extremely handy way to minimise your exposure to risks.
I have assisted all types of industries and businesses to craft various types of robust contracts. These include:
- Joint venture agreements – used when two businesses enter into a project together
- Sub-contract agreements – used when a business engages another business to assist with particular work
- Consulting/client agreements – used for service providers that provide an ongoing service
- Contractor agreement – used where you engage a processional for a certain piece of work
- Confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements – used when parties share information but protect it from disclosure or use
- Distribution agreements – used between a product provider and a sales representative
- Manufacturing agreements – used for the production of goods
Disputes and claims:
I assist businesses and consumers with disputes arising from goods or services provided.
Consumer law contains specific obligations that businesses must comply with. For example the provision of goods or services and refund rights.
If you find yourself in a dispute, I can provide advice and assistance with any claims that might arise.
Small businesses often also fall within the consumer law in business to business transactions. I advise and assist businesses with contractual disputes, intellectual property disputes and consumer law claims.
I can provide you with practical advice and solutions that reflect your goals and I can assist in implementing plans, such as a streamlined debt recovery process, too.